This is a wall clock dedicated to the Reverend Adam Thomson DD who was Parish Church Minister in the 1800s and saved the Scottish Bible Press.
The clock is located in the south-west corner of the church. The fully story of the life of the Reverend can be found under the Lennel kirkyard transcriptions. Look for headstones on the north, outer wall of Lennel kirkyard.
The Reverend Rodger was the Minister of the East Free Church in Victoria Street, which is now the Eildon Centre. The small adjoining hall, hopefully soon to become the community gym, was named after the Reverend.
To the Glory of God and in memory of the Reverend JAMES GL CHRISTIE MC MA 1888-1955 Minister of the Rodger Hall Memorial Church 1925-1950 and after the union of the Rodger Memorial and West Churches in 1950 Minister of the United congregation of the St,Cuthbert's Church until 1955.
A devoted pastor - a faithful friend - a loyal servant of his Master.
The Reverend Christie and his wife are buried in the old Lennel kirkyard.
This is the plaque to the Crimean war cavalry man who was engaged in the doomed Charge of the Light Brigade in late 1854. He is buried in the Crimea but mentioned on a family headstone at Lennel kirk. The headstone is 3m south of Lennel kirk and has been repaired by the History Society. Below the headstone transcription of the whole Purves family, there is a fully story of James Charles Purves.
Here is the text on the church wall plaque:-
To the Glory of God and in memory of Private JAMES CHARLES PURVES 11th Hussars who rode in the Charge of the Light Brigade at the battle of Balaklava in the Crimean War on 25th October 1854. He later died of wounds in Scutari Hospital, Turkey 2nd January 1855 aged 25 years. His father was ALEXANDER PURVES Lennel Hill Elder of the kirk.
Gifted by Coldstream & District Local History Society 2012.
Plaque donated by the Flodden 1513 Club of Coldstream to mark the installation of the Flodden stained glass window in 2009. The plaque complements the Flodden stained glass window immediately above it. This was manufactured and installed by a stained glass firm called Artisan of Perth.
The wording on the plaque is as follows:-
Dedicated to the brave Scots who fell at the Battle of Flodden on 9th September 1513
Flodden 1513 Club, Coldstream Parish Church, Coldstream and District Local History Society, Scottish Borders Council Community Grants Scheme, The 1514 Club Hawick, Private Donations.
Opened by Professor John Hume Church of Scotland 22nd March 2009.
To the Provost Magistrates and Burgh of Coldstream was this plaque presented by Lt.Col HK Sweening and member of 2nd batallion Coldstream Guards to commemorate their visit on 30th Aug and 14th Sep 1958.
Erected to the memory of ELIZABETH Countess HOME by the inhabitants of this parish to perpetuate the remembrance of her eminent virtues and Christian worth. Also to testify their gratitude for her unwearied bounty to the poor and affected died 29th June 1857