King James IVs Body

The Secretary of the Flodden 1513 Club has written to both the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and the Royal Mid-Surrey Golf Club to ask if the Club and 'Scotland' can install a plaque somewhere appropriate in Old Deer Park where James's body was last seen in 1513 and the turn to 1514. Old Deer Park contained the long-gone Monastery of Sheen which lies underneath the fairways of the Golf Club. It is in the borough of Richmond, just across the river from Syon House and Park (Duke of Northumberland) and Twickenham Rugby Football Ground. Hopefully the authorities will be agreeable to this venture.   

Scroll to Top